Apps / ToolSet - Color Picker
This software aims to fix the problem when an IDE does not have a color mixer, or has, but only the Windows's default one, or you not using any IDE at all, just writing code in Notepad++. This one is inspired by Adobe software's excellent color mixer, and I also added some more: you can sample color from anywhere on the screen.
Supported color formats:
- RGB (8-bit per channel)
- Integer (with red at the most significant address)
- Float (each channel between 0 and 1)
There are 3 dimensions for color mixing, the first two can be set on the square field, the third on the vertical slider.
The color channel shown on the vertical slider can be changed by checking the fields on the right.
Colors can be set or get in HSB, RGB, hexadecimal, integer or float format. There is also an option on the top menu to copy all three values at once, formatted to be ready to use in your C++ code.
To sample a color from the screen, press (or hold) the Shift + Ctrl buttons (It won't work on hardware accelerated content, like video players or 3D applications). This function can be completely disabled from the Settings menu.
The border around the color sample on the top right can be changed from the Settings menu to either black or white, or to any color currently selected.
- Windows 7 / 8 / 10
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Added editor for copy formats.
- Added double precision floating point copy template as default.
- Changed Lucida Console to Consolas. (Consolas is part of Windows since Vista)
- Added hotkeys for the settings menu items.
- Now using the new Web API for version checking.
- New icon.
- Added color history.
- Fixed crash when input field is empty and user tries to increment or decrement using the arrow keys.
- Color sampling now disabled in minimized state.
- Color sampling now binded to Shift + Ctrl keys.
- Color sampling can be switched off.
- Vertical bar displayed wrong color in Brightness and Value mode.
- Fixed tab index.
- Completely rewritten in C# with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.
- "Render quality" option is dropped due to highly optimized rendering.
- Using the new Common Interface class for common stuff like language setting, version check.
- Added 0.0 to 1.0 float RGB input/output.
- Added copy to clipboard options for copying RGB values in one go, preformatted as input values for functions or arrays.
- Added border around the sample color, with changeable color.
- Added option for the window to always appear on top.
- Color sampling no longer lag.
- Changed the font of the title and updated the VB logo.
- Language and website buttons now have rollover effect.
- Memory-leak fixed when sampling color from the screen, and also a slight performance improvement as a result.