Games / Codename: Xmas
If it's Christmas, it's Snowfight Time! Extend your vision with an extra dimension, and nobody will get away!
Jake the dog and his brothers are playing against you in a snowball fight, can you outsmart them all? Also the battlefield is riddled with candies, if you find them all, you'll have your Xmas dose of sugar.
Move: W A S D
Throw snowball: Left mousebutton
- Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x86
- Added Hungarian translation.
- AI is now detecting other Jakes as obstacles and recalculates path if someone gets in the way.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the game in windowed mode to be played anywhere other that the center of the primary screen.
- When putting the game into full screen mode, now it will do it on the current screen it is on instead of always using the primary.
- Made the menu more brighter and colorful.
- Made the roads and all outdoor sprites covered in snow.
- Changed pillars to sprites, and with that gone there are no more partial tiles so I made a few minor performance improvements.
- Removed snow particles painting themselves to the ground (since it is already covered in snow).
- Better input response (I think, it's hard to tell).
- Made Jake's legs a bit thicker.
- Improved performance by adding some tricks I implemented in later iterations of the engine.
- Improved mouse aim.
- Properly animated Jake's arms and legs.
- Replaced the Wolf3D barrels with drawings of my own.
- Changed spawn point to a more christmassy one.
- Framecap changed to 60 FPS.
- Merged resources into one file.
- Minor lighting change.
- Removed unused assets and functions.
- Highly improved ray-casting for more accurate rendering and better performance.
- Slight change in the intro text.
- You can change sound volume, music volume, FOV and mouse sensitivity in the settings menu.
- Smoother player movement.
- Enemies shoot where you probably WILL be, not where you are now.
- Snowball splatter animation no longer dissolve into walls.
- Nicer snowfall.
- Mouse speed slowed down while zooming.
- On some systems the game started with a blank screen, then the menu started flickering and couldn't receive any user input.
- Even though the VC++ runtime library was installed, irrKlang threw an error under Windows XP, so I added msvcr100.dll next to the exe.
- Icon changed to the game's own one.