Games / Codename: Xmas
About the game
If it’s Christmas, it’s Snowfight Time! Extend your vision with an extra dimension, and nobody will get away!
Jake the dog and his brothers are playing against you in a snowball fight, can you outsmart them all? Also the battlefield is riddled with candies, if you find them all, you’ll have your Xmas dose of sugar.
Move: W A S D
Throw snowball: Left mousebutton
- Retargeted to 64-bit architecture and .NET 4.5.
- Updated irrKlang to version 1.6, 64 bit.
- Since health is measured in warmth, the fireplace now restores up to 3 health points (and then goes out).
- Fireplace light dims as it gets consumed.
- Added a retry button to both the fail and victory screens.
- Recoded sounds to ogg.
- Changed default FOV to 85 degrees.
- Music ON/OFF switch now also controls end-screen tunes.
- Minor fixes and improvements.
- Added Hungarian translation.
- AI is now detecting other Jakes as obstacles and recalculate path if someone gets in the way.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the game in windowed mode to be played anywhere other that the center of the primary screen.
- When putting the game into full screen mode, now it will do it on the current screen it is on instead of always using the primary.
- Made the menu more brighter and colorful.
- Made the roads and all outdoor sprites covered in snow.
- Changed pillars to sprites, and with that gone there are no more partial tiles so I made a few minor performance improvements.
- Removed snow particles painting themselves to the ground (since it is already covered in snow).
- Better input response (I think, it's hard to tell).
- Made Jake's legs a bit thicker.
- Improved performance by adding some tricks I implemented in later iterations of the engine.
- Improved mouse aim.
- Properly animated Jake's arms and legs.
- Replaced the Wolf3D barrels with my own drawings.
- Changed spawn point to a more christmassy one.
- Framecap changed to 60 FPS.
- Merged resources into one file.
- Minor lighting change.
- Removed unused assets and functions.
- Highly improved ray-casting for more accurate rendering and better performance.
- Slight change in the intro text.
- You can change sound volume, music volume, FOV and mouse sensitivity in the settings menu.
- Smoother player movement.
- Enemies shoot where you probably WILL be, not where you are now.
- Snowball splatter animation no longer dissolve into walls.
- Nicer snowfall.
- Mouse speed slowed down while zooming.
- On some systems the game started with a blank screen, then the menu started flickering and couldn't receive any user input.
- Even though the VC++ runtime library was installed, irrKlang threw an error under Windows XP, so I added msvcr100.dll next to the exe.
- Icon changed to the game's own one.